Wednesday 26 September 2012

An introduction

At the end of 2011 I bought myself a blank paged, hard backed book. The purpose of this book was to act as a journal when I went walking. 

 
I wanted a record of where I've been and what I saw - I've found the walks of the past merging into one with few specific moments standing the test of time in my detiorating memory. I also thought it would be nice to look back on, to hold as a keep sake and to serve as inspiration to keep visiting our great outdoors.

It wasn't written to be shared, but it wasn't written to be personal either. But I've made the decision to blog my days in the British outdoors for anyone who stumbles across it to read and hopefully enjoy, and maybe follow where I've been before. 

The walks start from January 2012 and I'll be adding them as and when I get time until I'm up to date and can start blogging about fresher trips. 

As the book starts in January 2012, I felt it was appropriate to start with some ambitions for the year, or new year's walking resolutions if you will, and I feel it's also appropriate to start this blog by laying out these ambitions:
  1. Walk somewhere new to me
  2. Do some coastal walking
  3. Tick off 26 more Wainwright's
  4. WALK MORE!!!
If you do read the blog and it stirs some memories and spark some inspiration then I would love to hear about it. Either drop a comment or give me a Twitter follow (@markill). 

No comments:

Post a Comment